Obtain information about French companies
Obtain Information about French CompaniesUpdated on Thursday 07th November 2019
based on 2 reviews.
The Register of Commerce and Companies in France manages all the important information about commercial companies in France. Entrepreneurs searching for specific information about a company have access to modern search tools and some of the information concerning certain companies can even be accessed online. Our lawyers in France can offer their legal support for local and international entrepreneurs interested in information about French companies. Also, they can assist foreigners in starting a business in this country, concerning the applicable laws.
The French Register of Commerce and Companies
The French Register of Commerce and Companies includes all legal and natural persons that perform commercial activities and other entities, according to the Act of December 19, 2002. The French Register of Commerce and Companies provides online information about more than 3,000,000 French companies. Online users may access basic information about the company and contact details free of charge. For more detailed information and company accounts, users must pay a fee.
Available information about French companies
The online platform of the French Register of Commerce and Companies offers certain information for the general public. Users that wish to search for public information about a certain company need to fill in a number of search criteria (the address of the company, types of business etc.). Public users can find information about:
- the Kbis extract;
- company debts;
- company statutes;
- annual accounts;
- changes history;
- insolvency and specific procedures undertaken in this case;
- the full company record: it includes all of the available documents for the requested company.
The complete list of available documents can either be viewed online or received via e-mail. The available documents may depend on the documents currently available for the respective company. In order to request the online version for the company record, the user must complete the necessary fields and search for the company and then choose the desired option (”Full Record”, for example). The prices for the requested documents vary according to the type of document. The price for the full company record will represent the value of all the available documents for that company. The information provided on the Infogreffe.fr online platform has legal value. However, for detailed information and specialized advice, it is advisable to seek legal counseling.
Who can ask for information about companies in France?
- The financial statements of a company in France.
- Information about the stockholders of the company registered in France.
- Information about the registered share capital of the firm in France.
- Information about litigation or insolvent matters, if any.
What is INPI?
What is a SIREN number?
Company information disclosed to the public
Opening a company in France
Making investments in France
- • around USD 37,294 million represented the FDI inward flow for France in 2018;
- • USD 824,9 billion was the total FDI stock for 2018 in France;
- • according to the World Investment Report 2019, France is the 12th largest investment recipient in the world;
- • most of the investments in France come from UK, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg;
- • according to the 2019 Doing Business report, France ranks 32nd out of 190 worldwide economies.
We invite you to get in touch with our law firm in France and solicit complete information about how to obtain information about companies registered in France.